Elementary Typewriting & Keyboarding -- BCIS 1900
This class is designed for students with little or no previous keyboarding experience.
The class emphasizes fundamental keyboarding skills as well as technique.
Speed is stressed and daily practice is expected in order for the student to gain sufficient skill and speed to pass the class.
Touch keyboarding is taught, covering both the letter and figure keys.
Credit: 1 semester hour | Prerequisite: None
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Accurately type sample memos and letters, using the Touch method
- Complete typing specified paragraphs within a certain time period
- Type exercises on a computer keyboard and print the results
- Type exercises without looking at the keyboard
- Allowing for a minimal number of errors, type 40 words a minute for 5 minutes
Students must demonstrate that they have learned elementary typewriting by accurately typing paragraph exercises within a specified period of time. Students will need to practice outside the classroom in order to meet the goal of 40 wpm.
In this course, only performance tests were given. Students had to accurately type specific paragraphs, typing 40 words per minute for 5 minutes.
Return to Top